Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wings intro


The rain was pounding on the hood of the jeep as we flew down rout 9. We needed to pick up trash bags so that our house would seem less of a shithole if the landlady showed up. Doctor was driving at top speed, his jaw clenched, his knuckles white on the streering wheel, his eyes focused intently on the road, blinking only when beads of sweat rolled in. I have never wished to be sitting in the backseat so much in my entire life.
We pulled into the Stop and Shop parking lot, tires screetching in protest around the 60 degree bend. The Jeep skidded to a halt in front of the Bank Of America ATM and Doc jumped out. Jonas joined him, as both of them needed money for booze and the trash bags. I was already covered so I turned on the radio and went fishing for some decent music. I hit Free Bird on 102.1 near the beginning when Doc came sprinting back into the car.
"Jonas!" he bellowed. "Jonas! Get the fuck in here!" He honked the horn twice before Jonas got in, calmly smoking a cigarette.
"Can somebody open a window please?" he asked pleasantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home